NEW - Multiple open positions at PhD level
Dr. Cosmin Dumitrescu has multiple open positions for full-time Graduate Research Assistants (GRAs). GRA will participate in experimental and numerical investigations on the use of low carbon and decarbonized fuels for power generation, at both fundamental and applied levels.
The position is expected to start in Spring 2023 or Fall 2023.
The qualifications for this position are:
- BS/MS degree in mechanical engineering or equivalent.
- Real interest to learn, research, and outreach on power generation and propulsion
- Knowledge of combustion phenomena and internal combustion engines
- Experience with or interest in computer modeling and system control (MATLAB, LabView, Python, GTPower, Converge, etc.)
- Good quantitative, analytical, and communication skills
- Good writing skills
- Experience in mechanical designing and manufacturing solutions
Typical assigned duties for this position include:
- Designing and conducting research activities in Dr. Dumitrescu's laboratory
- Ensuring compliance with all safety requirements associated with the research performed in the above laboratory
- High quality and timely delivery of assigned tasks
- Searching scientific literature to select and adapt methods or procedures that are most appropriate for specific research goals
- Generating progress reports of conducted research
- Developing numerical simulation based on the studies the GRA will participate in
- Using the numerical and experimental results to write journal-quality manuscripts
In addition, the GRA will be part of a larger team effort involving the disciplines of engineering, physics, materials science, chemistry, and education. As a result, the GRA will be exposed to other cutting-edge projects (e.g., advanced-combustion strategies, emissions formation and oxidation, high-speed imaging of combustion processes, laser diagnostics, etc).